Friday, April 27, 2012

Cooking with Cindy (or, really, standing by while Cindy and Eric cook)

Mu and I are in LA, visiting Cindy!  Huzzah!  It's really nice to get out of town, and I'm very much looking forward to the Ren Faire tomorrow.  Yay for a mini-break before I have to get back and propose my dissertation.

Cindy suggested that we cook tonight so that I had something to post about, given the last few days.  However, by the time we arrived, Cindy and Eric had prepped all the ingredients and basically just cooked while we hung out and chatted.  Given that we had been driving for about 8.5 hours, this was perfectly fine with me.  So, I can't claim this as my recipe, since I did nothing for it, but I'll give you a brief summary of Cindy's yummy pasta.

Yummy Pasta (very technical name, I know)
Ingredients
lots of cherry tomatoes
Some (most) of the ingredients
lots of garlic (Cindy said she used about 20 cloves)
goat cheese (two medallions from Trader Joe's worked for us)
parsley (spice form is fine)
oregano (spice form is also fine)
pine nuts
olive oil
balsamic vinegar
butter (a pat)
pasta

Boil water for pasta.  Halve the cherry tomatoes and mince the garlic.  In a saute pan, heat up the butter on medium heat.  When it's hot, put in the garlic and cook for a few minutes until browned.  Add the tomatoes and saute, about 5-8 minutes.  In the meantime, cook the pasta as per package.  Toast pine nuts in a separate pan.  Add parsley and oregano, then when the pasta is cooked, add that.  Add the pine nuts and goat cheese and cook for a few more minutes to integrate.  Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and serve with a salad! 

Yumminess!
I don't remember exactly how long this took, plus I wasn't here for prep, but it was probably about 20 minutes total.  This served 4, with some leftover pasta.  Super easy and yummy.  Thanks for feeding us, Cindy and Eric!

2 comments:

  1. I do a recipe similar to this, except instead of oregano and parsley I put in slivered fresh basil at the very end. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linley, I do enjoy fresh basil very much, but unfortunately didn't have any on hand. Sadness.

    I will add two things to this loose recipe: salt and pepper to taste, and the key to this pasta is really adding straight to the tomato/garlic right out of the pasta cooking water. That way all the tomato juices and garlic and goat cheese stick to the pasta.

    ReplyDelete