Thursday, March 1, 2012

Kicking off a new blog!

Now that I've wrapped up posting about Mu's and my grand adventure (over on our other blog), I feel like I can start this new project that I've been thinking about for a while. I've been trying to get into cooking more regularly, as well as trying a wider variety of recipes. Some of that has been happening naturally, as I cook with new and weird CSA veggies, but I also feel like I need to push myself a bit somehow. So, to that end, I'll be writing in this blog to document my cooking endeavors, as well as doing a fundraiser for a hunger relief charity next month. I'll have more details on that over the next few weeks.

In the meantime, does anyone have any recipe recs for carrots? It's starting to be carrot season, which means the CSA will probably be giving us bunches every week. I use them in soups and stir frys, but I realized that I haven't done anything that specifically highlights the carrot.

Anyways, welcome to the new blog! More content coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew :)

    No, but really, roasted carrots are the bomb! They are so sweet and caramelly and awesome. Cut the carrots at alternating 45 degree angles (the only way to cut carrots!) into bite-size chunks, toss in EVOO, salt, pepper, and paprika generously, and bake in a single layer (more spread out = more caramelization) at 425 F until the edges are brown and the carrots are soft inside. It's like eating candied yams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, that does sound good! I'm not sure I have any paprika (it smells delicious, but I never use it, so I don't think I've ever gotten any), but maybe mild chili powder for a little kick? Come to think of it, I can probably do this with beets, too.

      Delete
  2. I'm excited to see what you come up with! Looking forward to seeing your recipes!

    ReplyDelete