Monday, June 4, 2012

Fun things to do this summer

 Two posts in one day?  Weird!  But this felt like a suitable add-on to the start of summer update, so here it is.

In addition to the self-improvement goals, there's a whole list of fun stuff we/I want to do this summer.  Some of the things, we already have plans to do, while others are more tentative, need-to-fit-this-in.  Here's a large-ish list, of which I'm not sure how much I'll actually accomplish. :)  Oh, and trapeze counts as a fun thing, but I've already listed it in the self-improvement section, since it's actually a workout.  Yay for fun workouts!

Friends to see: lots and lots!  We have definite plans with a bunch of people, but many more that we still need to contact.  Plus, I'd like to make it out to bab5 (not this week, but maybe next?) more regularly.  And we want to visit with Mu's family, and I want to spend more time with my nieces.
Concerts: Jonathan Coulton (we have tickets!  with Cin and Eric!), Alice Summerthing (conflicts with Pride, so not sure)
Movies: Footnote, Romeo and Juliet in Yiddish, First Position, Brave, MIB3
Restaurants: Kingdom of Dumpling, Tekka Japanese (possibly with Cin's husband, who also likes raw fish), Shabu Sushi, State Bird Provisions, Cafe Ethiopia, LoveJoy's Tea Room, probably many more -- I need a buddy for these, as I mentioned on Facebok a while ago.  Mu will go with me to some of them, but probably not all.
Musicals: American Idiot (have tickets for next next week), Les Miz (have tickets with David and Colleen for August)
Costume parties with Cin: Lord of the Rings, pirate, Downton Abbey
Trips: Boston (starting Friday), Seattle with Cin to visit Nik (we have tickets!), Harbin Hot Springs with lots of friends (cabin booked!), Russian River
Other activities: SF Ethnic Dance Festival, SF Pride, Great America with my older niece (I think we have a date set), Raging Waters with Mu and both nieces (need to set date), Top Chef Live (got tickets for Mom and myself), Cult of Beauty exhibit at the Legion of Honor, the Fashion World of John Paul Gaultier exhibit at the De Young, getting more tea (I have a groupon for Aroma Tea Shop)

So, like I said, long list!  A lot of it actually seems doable, though I'm sure more will get added as summer goes on!

4 comments:

  1. Sign me up for the Ethiopian and tea! And I thought we were also going to do a steampunk party? And I definitely want to see Cult of Beauty and Gaultier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot about the steampunk party, but I didn't forget about my outfit! I'll have to add it to the list. And we will have to choose a day for tea and make reservations, though it's easier for weekdays. Cult of Beauty ends before you guys get here, but you should definitely see Gaultier with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'm always up for Lovejoy's, and good Ethiopian is hard to find down here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to join us here at some point! Though you probably don't have any weekdays free, do you?

      Delete