Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A real return to blogging?

Well, obviously, I've been not so good at the whole blogging thing. I think part of it was a lack of time, and part was a lack of projects that I wanted to share. I'm still cooking, and sometimes it's new stuff, but somehow, it just hasn't seemed that exciting. But, I have a new set of projects and some new ideas about keeping the blogging going, so maybe it can work!

What is this new thing, you may (door may not) ask? Well, inspired by Cindy's "30 before 30" project for this year, she and I decided that I should do a "30 around 30" project of my own. Since I'm turning 30 in March, the whole "before" thing wasn't gonna happen, but this seems like a good compromise.  So there we go! I'm also going to try and get back into the blogging thing in addition to this project, but at least it'll provide some structure,

So, what 30 things am I going to try this year? This is where you come in! I'm looking for suggestions for new projects to attempt! So far (and yes, these will be their own blog posts), I've baked bread and taken an aerial silks class. What else should I do? I've taken trapeze and I've gone both skydiving and bungee jumping, so those are out. Already on my to-do list are sewing a skirt and baking meringues (which I know isn't supposed to be that hard, but has always felt terribly intimidating to me). But now I need 24 more items to do! Thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. NAND To Tetris. Learn to play a new musical instrument. Visit a South American metropolis known for dance.

    Wait, those are my interests, not yours. How about:

    Write a fantasy short story. Make a sushi dinner from scratch. Deep-fry a couple of things you've never heard of deep-frying. Make injera. Do two weeks of posting a new photo every day. Some kind of flexibility milestone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, learning a musical instrument actually sounds like a possibility. I don't think I'd want to take up a whole new one, but I have a wooden flute that Mu got me at a Ren Faire a few years ago, and while that's similar to a classic flute, it's sufficiently different as to take actual learning.

      I'm also liking the short story and injera ideas! Will have to look into what it would take to make injera, but that sounds like a cool project. Not sure about deep-frying anything (super hot oil = not fun for Elaine), and while a sushi dinner would be amazing, Mu would be unable to eat it and that would be sad. Will have to think further about the photos. Not sure I would want to do a flexibility milestone, as that feels like too much pressure.

      Thank you for the ideas!

      Delete
    2. I'm glad the ideas were helpful! Why can't he eat sushi? Is he allergic to rice or to vinegar? Those are the only mandatory ingredients (although nori is close, I've had sushi without nori.)

      Delete
    3. Well, he can eat veggie sushi, but in my mind, sushi = fish. If I'm doing a sushi dinner, fish is a requirement. :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I like the wooden flute idea! And please write another short story so that I can illustrate it! Hahaha let's hope it turns out better than our previous collaboration...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yeah...I think it's likely to be an improvement on the last one, yes.

      Delete